Wednesday, January 9, 2008

CraftiCast Live Ep 20 Organizing your Crafts

Today on the show we talked about keeping our Craft Room organized. I say we because I record on talkshoe.com where people can chat with me during the show and add their comments. So far in 20 episodes I have not had one of you brave enough to call. Who will be the first??

We organized Ribbon, Yarn and needles, Beads and other little things, and instruction sheets. Pictures of all the products we talked about can be found at www.cookscrafts.info under show notes.

We also had a listener email me to help her find a craft for her class for Martin Luther King day. The kids like to work with beads so they were thinking of a pin. If any of you have any ideas please let me know.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry I'm behind the actual date, but I've been out of commission with the flu. There is a good website, http://www.kidcraftsmagazine.com/
2006/12January2006.shtml which has a lot of MLK activities. My favorite is the circle of kid figures holding hands in a circle. They could take pictures of the students and use their faces for Flat Stanley-like figures. You can use the Sizzix(?) cutter with the kids templates to make it easier for the kids. Even middle school kids love to use these. Wallpaper samples allow them to use a variety of patterns for clothing. This website should keep her busy for the rest of the month:)
Kathryn Jacoby
www.craftwrite.blogspot.com