Monday, February 28, 2011

Knit and Crochet in any Language

Being a business in Queens I'm lucky enough to have customers from all over the world. Some have an understanding of the english language but not always. I know a little bit of Spanish but only enough to get myself in trouble, other languages I know much less. I am able to get instruction books in Spanish but not other languages from my current distributors.

In order to try and service all my customers I have been trying to get books in other languages but no luck so far. What I did find was a wonderful web site that helps convert knitting and crochet patterns to your native language.

Wise Needle http://www.wiseneedle.com/ has a wonderful community and glossary of terms that is FREE to use. You just put in a term and choose the language. Very quickly it will give you the term in your own language. This is a great way for children of family members that are un able to speak the language to convert patterns.

The direct link the the glossary is http://www.wiseneedle.com/glossary.asp

But while you're there take a look at their vast knowledge of knitting and crochet.